CERAMIC COAT AFTERCARE
INSTRUCTION, ANNUAL MAINTENANCE, AND MORE!
Welcome to the family! Congratulations on your new coating. We did the hard part, the rest is up to you on how your vehicle is maintained going forward. To ensure it continues looking this good for years to come, keep the following tips in mind.
WHAT TO AVOID!
1. DO NOT wash your vehicle within 14 days from the application
2. Inform your service center/ mechanic/valet not to wash your car. They will most likely not use the correct chemicals or techniques.
3. This is very common but avoid touching your paint directly with your hands. See something you want to wipe off? Use a quick detailer and a clean microfibre towel to wipe it off. Simply touching your paint with pressure will cause fine scratches!
4. Avoid gas station car washes with machines like the one below at all costs. Going through this once will produce many deep scratches and swirls, and void your ceramic coat warranty. Thousands of tiny rocks and sand particles are stuck between those stiff brushes.
WAYS TO CLEAN/MAINTAIN YOUR CERAMIC COAT
Gas station TOUCHLESS ONLY washes.
COIN SELF-OPERATED OR AT-HOME GARAGE HAND WASH INSTRUCTION.
1. Use Koch Chemie Green Star diluted 4 parts water and 1 part chemical in a spray bottle. Go ahead and spray the bottom half of the vehicle from the door line down to help loosen tough dirt. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
2. Pre-rinse with high-pressure water.
3. Turn the knob back to soap and foam up the entire vehicle. With a clean microfibre towel (Yellow Costco Towel is fine), fold it so you get 8 clean sides.
4. Use each side per panel and wash from top to bottom. Turn to a new side when you move onto the next panel to prevent cross-contamination.
5. It's important to only use a highly dense and soft quality microfibre towel to dry your vehicle to prevent scratching the paint.
BIRD DROPPINGS? TREE SAP?
If you notice these corrosive contaminants, use your quick detailer spray and a clean microfibre towel to wipe them away as soon as possible. Leaving them baking under the sun can cause permanent damage to your coating.
CERAMIC COAT ANNUAL MAINTENANCE
The auto detailing industry commonly overpromises and under-delivers. There are many myths about ceramic coating to push sales and marketing. We can assure you there are no protective coatings on the market that last a lifetime or even 10 years.
Every single Ceramic Coating on the market requires an annual maintenance wash to strip off any stuck-on grime, iron deposits, and tar. All these environmental fallouts prevent your coating from performing at its best; however, it still does its job by taking the beating for your fresh paint underneath. After the wash process, the ceramic coat topper will be applied to revive the hydrophobic properties and add an additional layer on top of your Ceramic Coat.
Often times you will see that your Ceramic Coat is underperforming on the bottom half of the vehicle because it is where your car takes most of the beating from daily driving. Don't worry, it doesn't mean your Ceramic Coat is gone or has been stripped off, it just needs a proper decontamination wash!
ENJOY BENEFITS AS OUR VALUED CLIENT! A STANDARD DETAIL COMES WITH A FREE CERAMIC COAT MAINTENANCE.
Most detailing shops will charge anywhere from $299 to $350 for this service. So the real question is...How much will M1 Car Care charge me for my annual Ceramic Coat Maintenance? Absolutely $0.
Go on and enjoy your vehicle, every 18 months when your interior looks like it could use a professional touch, visit us for a Full Detail Package to thoroughly deep clean your interior and exterior. We will include a Ceramic Coat Maintenance service on top of that FREE OF CHARGE! We take care of our clients.
Make sure you leave us a review on Google to get 15% off on your next visit! We will send you a code via email for the discount.